Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Mr. Carl


This blog post is dedicated to Mr. Carl. Why? Because as it turns out, from what I've seen, India is dedicated to Mr. Carl. When we first got here, people would always address Mr. Carl and whatever he said went for both of us.
"Mr. Carl, do you want some water?"
"Yes"
Out come two water glasses, one for me, one for Mr. Carl.
"Mr. Carl, do you want some tea?"
"No, thanks."
No tea for either of us.

At the restaurant, Mr. Carl orders. Then they walk away. The first day we ended up having to share our meal, because although I had ordered my food, apparently they didn't believe I really wanted it?!

Anytime there is an update at the office, they tell Mr. Carl. He gets the skype messages, the emails, etc. One time, they even called my hotel room and asked for Mr. Carl. Don't worry, I went and found him.

When people talk to "us" they look at Mr. Carl and ask him questions. Occasionally I get in the way and they glance at me, then back to Mr. Carl.

People feel compelled to personally congratulate Mr. Carl on the death of Bin Laden. (Because Mr. Carl had a lot more to do with it than I did.)

So anyway, since India is dedicated to Mr. Carl, I will dedicate this blog post to him.

Carl is great.


This is him watching an Indian music video during work. (It was a long day.)

Mr. Carl trying some Indian food.


Glad you're here, Mr. Carl.

5 comments:

~ Natalie ~ said...

Oh man, I love that people congratulate Mr. Carl for Osama's death. I was wondering how Osama's death would affect how Americans would be viewed in other countries. Hopefully, for your sake, it's nothing too crazy! It looks like you are having some great learning experiences! Can't wait to hear more!

Bryan and Lis said...

Your postings make me chuckle. Keep 'em comin', keep 'em comin'.

Peg said...

hahaha...you tell Mr Carl to order two meals in the future if he doesn't want to share...glad he's there. Imagine how hungry you'd be if you were there alone! ;-)

Lewieg said...

Mr. Carl, this was a very humorous blog post. Thank you for your most amusing writings and your blond hair Mr. Carl.

Sincerely,

India

Levin said...

Very wise to dedicate a post to Mr. Carl. If you can't beat 'em...

Maybe he'll even remember to take you with him on his way home :)