Monday, May 9, 2011

Mr. Carl misses out

So a few days ago I posted about how much India loves Mr. Carl. (You can read it here.) I have an update. India is definitely a very patriarchal society, but they got one thing right. Something that I get to enjoy that Mr. Carl doesn't.
Women Only cars on the Metro. :-)
Mr. Carl in the regular car.
Me enjoying my space in the Women Only car.
 It's awesome. And they strictly enforce it. The great thing about these photos is that Carl and I were standing less than 10 feet apart, but there is a VERY definite boundary where men are not allowed to go. They cram all together right up to the imaginary line. And they don't cross it. Ever. I'm a fan.

3 comments:

Levin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Levin said...

I just clicked on the photo to blow it up and the concerned expressions of everyone else on your car became visible. Good p-hoto :)

Brandon and Alesha said...

I sure hope for Mr. Carl's sake that men wear deoderant in India. So the woman can cross the line, but the men can't? I like it.